Fanfiction Addiction

Writerinmydreams007's blog for all things Twilight.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

To angst or not to angst, that is the question.....

I finished How to Save a Life last night and was surprised that I was reduced to a puddle of mush, sobbing hysterically, by the end of the epilogue. The angst and heart fail that came from that story was shocking and completely unexpected!

My questions to you is.... do you dig the angst? Does the idea of a story leaving you emotionally strung out and desperate for more make you feel alive, or does it makes you want to stab yourself in the eye with a butter knife?

For me, I love the idea that a story can have such passion and emotion that can bring me to my knees. I love feeling the pain the characters go through deep down in my soul. It's not a good story if I haven't laughed, cried, AND choked back hysterical sobs.

Are you with me? Or are you Wussperv??

1 comment:

  1. I am totally with you. I love the angst. If i feel my heart clenching, tears falling down my face, and find myself thinking of the story for days afterward, then that is my sign of a good author. To make me feel those emotions, and I am not a very emotion filled reader. I have never lost it so much reading "books" as i do when i am reading some fanfic! I LOVE ANGST!

    ReplyDelete